|The Forsyth Globe installed at Princes Street, Edinburgh|
|The Forsyth Globe arrival at Powderhall Bronze|
|The Forsyth Globe, during restoration|
|The Forsyth Building was built in 1906 to house entrepreneur R.W. Forsyths second department store,
The Globe that crowns the top of the spire was designed by Gilbert Bayes, who was known for his work with the Royal Doulton Company. The R. W. Forsyth Sphere was taken down from the A-listed building, home to Topshop, in 2012 for repairs.
After a long campaign by Lost Edinburgh to have it restored, it was re-instated in June 2016 after a full restoration at Powderhall Bronze.